The SNHBA Government Affairs team advocates for our members at the federal, state, and local levels. Our mission is to protect the residential construction industry and SNHBA works hard to ensure the policies that affect your business are cost-effective, efficient, clear, and enforceable.
Goals and Objectives:
- Pursue efficiency and best practice processes at all levels of the development process throughout all municipalities, utilities, and other agencies.
- Review and make recommendation on impact fee studies to ensure increases in fees and taxes are transparent, accurate, and equitable. Advocate for a balanced approach to fees and zoning regulations that keep construction costs low. For every $1,000 increase to the price of a home, 2,200 Southern Nevadans are priced-out of the market.
- Support implementation of the most current published International Building Codes to ensure safe buildings. Work together with Building Officials to adopt efficient consensus amendments throughout the code development process.
- Grow the participation of our Policy Committees. Our committees work hard reviewing building codes and ordinances and amendments throughout the entitlement process that impact the home building industry.
Advocacy/On the Issues:
- Homeowner rights outlined in AB 440
- Contractors issues
- Affordable housing
- Energy and water conservation