Benefits of Membership
Increase Your Impact
- Do elected officials know you’re here?
- Do they know what their votes do to your business and family?
- Can you spend months lobbying in Carson City or hundreds of hours at monthly county and city hearings?
Know More About Market Trends
- Automatic membership in National Association of Home Builders
- Access to breaking local and national market trends and statistics
- Updated news about the association and the industry
- Monthly Membership Networking Meetings
- Golf Tournaments—Spring and Fall
- Special Events—Installation, Turn the Tables Night, and Builder Breakfast Meetings
Committees Working On Your Behalf
- Codes – The Codes Committee focuses on new and revised codes that may potentially impact the homebuilding industry, including building, fire, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes.
- Community Planning and Infrastructure – This committee addresses issues relating to development review by local governments, including comprehensive, general, and master plans, impact fees, policy revisions, and subdivision processing. The committee also focuses on utility and offsite regulations, reviews ordinances, amendments, exactions, and environmental issues that may impact the home building industry.
- Golf – The Golf Tournament Committee meets as needed throughout the year. The function of the Golf Tournament committee is to generate funds for the operation of the association through semi-annual golf tournaments.
- Land Use – This committee, created in late 2013, addresses issues relating to the availability and zoning of local land.
- Membership – The responsibilities of the committee include developing new membership and retention programs, promoting the Spike Club and implementing membership drives.
- Promotion – This committee works in conjunction with the Membership Committee to create promotional, educational and engaging events for members and potential new members.
- Purchasing – This committee is for builder members only and discusses local policies, processes, and codes that affect pricing, bid estimates, and the state of the industry.
- Sales and Marketing – This new committee brings together members who are involved in sales and marketing at their companies to work on issues and topics of mutual interest.
- Workforce Development – This committee will be discussing how to rebrand the industry, educating the community, creating development opportunities, and streamlining pathways to workforce.
- Young Professionals – This committee is comprised of industry young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40 and helps plan networking events, volunteering opportunities, and educational courses.
Some Additional Benefits
There are numerous benefits for members of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, including discounts on many products and services, and direct access to the top companies in the residential construction industry. Start saving now!
- Home Builders Research Inc., offers new members 50% off the first-year subscription to one of 7 products, such as the Las Vegas Land Report or the Weekly Traffic/Sales Watch
- Builder members get free, online listings of new homes and information about their new communities thanks to the partnership with Builders Digital Experience (the BDX)
- Educational seminars sharpen skills
- Benefits of membership in the National Association of Home Builders Click here to view NAHB’s benefits
- Full-time State lobbyists and local government liaisons protect your business interests from burdensome, costly additional regulations
- Committee participation gets you a seat at the table
- Sponsorship opportunities get your message out